Maupay na Aga Ha iyo mga kasangkayan (“Good morning friends!”).
It’s been two months already since the last time I posted my last blog. Today, I will share to you my easy- to-cook healthy recipe called Malunggay or Moringa Patty.
Let me first share to you some information about Moringa or Malunggay.
Did you know?
According to WebMD Moringa is an important food source in some parts of the world because it can be grown cheaply and easily, and the leaves retain lots of vitamins and minerals when dried, moringa is used in India and Africa in feeding programs to fight malnutrition. The immature green pods (drumsticks) are prepared similarly to green beans, while the seeds are removed from more mature pods and cooked like peas or roasted like nuts. The leaves are cooked and used like spinach, and they are also dried and powdered for use as a condiment.
Moringa contains proteins, vitamins, and minerals. As an antioxidant, it seems to help protect cells from damage.
- a bunch of Malunggay Leaves (Moringa)
- 1-2 Eggs (beaten)
- Rock Salt
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Onions or Sibuyas Bombay (minced)
- Ground Black and White Pepper
- Basil leaves (McCormick or any brand will do)
- Vegetable Oil
- Frying Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Napkin tissue
- Prepare all the ingredients .
- Beat 1-2 eggs. Set Aside.
- Handpick or weed-out the malunggay (moringa) leaves from its stalk.
- In a clean bowl, Mix well the beaten eggs, flour, and salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients such as garlic, onion, pepper, basil leaves and malunggay leaves. Mixed all the ingredients thoroughly again
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly again.
- Heat the frying pan with vegetable oil,
- Flattened and deep fry the patty
- After frying, put the patty on a clean napkin tissue to absorb excess oil
- After Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
Don’t forget share this healthy recipe to your friends! Bon Appetit!
#DonnaTheFoodExlorer Finished Product.